JOB TITLE: Constituent Relations Specialist
SALARY: Not Displayed
OPENING DATE: Enero 1, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Febrero 1, 2019
POSITION OVERVIEW: A Constituent Relations Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of constituent casework and administrative duties, as well as working on special projects and events for the State Senator of the 38th District. This position encompasses a wide variety of responsibilities, duties, and opportunities to grow and learn.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acting as the initial point of contact for constituents, including meeting with constituents and guests in the office, at off-site office hours, and at community events; answering telephone inquiries; and responding to written communications.
- Resolving problems presented by constituents related to local, district, state, and federal agencies, including referring constituents to the appropriate agency or organization when necessary.
- Interacting with and providing excellent customer service to constituents in the office, by phone, by email, and at public events.
- Engaging, supporting, and interacting with people of all ages, backgrounds, experiences, ethnicities, communities, interests, and challenges.
- Continually working on active cases and acting as liaison with constituents and government agencies as necessary to ensure that constituent issues are handled in a responsive, timely, and appropriate manner.
- Properly documenting and recording constituent interactions in the CTS database.
- Ensuring public communication, including constituent opinions, are communicated to the Senator via the proper procedures.
- Assisting in planning and executing special projects and essential programs, including scheduling and coordinating meetings and events.
- Drafting and/or editing written materials for public dissemination, including correspondence, information summaries, and media content.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of events.
- Researching, organizing, and maintaining legislative and other materials for the Senator and staff as requested.
- Developing systems for record keeping, retrieval, and storage of information.
- Staffing regular off-site and periodic “pop up” office hour locations.
- Attending community and local government meetings and events, including evening and weekend events, as a representative of Senate District 38 and providing summaries of these events to the District Office.
- Staffing the Senator at public events.
- Providing administrative and technical support to professional staff as assigned and when necessary.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration, Communications, English, or a related field. Due to the scope and responsibilities associated with the position, candidates must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
Must possess or be able to obtain a Pennsylvania driver’s license. Must possess or be able to obtain a Notary Public license from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- The ability to multitask and quickly change priorities.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with state government and the legislative process.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management Software.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter outlining your education, experience, and availability to email@example.com and include the phrase “Constituent Relations Specialist” in the subject line.